It is our Misson at Union General Hospital to provide complete preoperative and perioperative services that require surgery, including the post operative phase, to all patients without discrimination. To embrace the psychological, social and spiritual dimensions of the patients and their families to ensure the best outcome for our patient.
Surgical Services specialties performed at our hospitals include:
- General - surgery of the stomach, liver, intestines, appendix, breasts, thyroid gland, salivary glands, some arteries and veins, and the skin.
- Urology - focuses on the urinary tracts of males and females, and on the reproductive system of males
- Obstetrics/Gynecology - care of women's reproductive tracts and their babies during pregnancy (prenatal period), childbirth, and postnatal period, as well as surgery on the female reproductive system, in both pregnant and non-pregnant patient.
- Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) - surgical treatment of diseases, injuries, or deformations of the ears, nose, throat, head, and neck areas.
- Podiatry - surgical treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower extremity
- Ophthalmology - surgery of the eyes and vision
- Endoscopy - internal visualization, evaluation, and diagnosis of disease using an instrument with special fiberoptic lighting (endoscope) to visualize a specific body cavity
The population serviced includes pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients requiring or seeking surgical intervention or diagnostic testing to diagnose, maintain, or restore an optimum level of wellness.
Our staff provides quality conscious, cost-effective, and competent care with respect for life and dignity at each stage of the human experience. Surgical Services is staffed (staffed was spelled wrong before) with RNs, LPNs, surgical technicians, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) and a anesthesiologist.
In the immediate postoperative phase or post-procedure phase, the patients are under the direct supervision of the anesthesiologist or CRNA, who is responsible for the needs of the patient until discharge from the surgical unit.