At Union General Hospital we are committed to your care and comfort. Our hospital's mission is to provide high-quality, cost-effective healthcare to each of our patients and promote wellness throughout our community. It is our vision to be the first choice provider for comprehensive medical services for our region. Contact or call to learn more.
- Union General Hospital is a nonprofit, state-of-the-art 45-bed facility.
- Our Union General Hospital family of warm, caring professionals ensures your best experience
- All patient rooms are private, with pull-out sleeper
- Exit alarms and scales built into all beds
Growing With Community Since 1959
1959 - First clinic opened by Dr. George Gowder and Dr. Charles Little
1961 - New addition added 16 beds
1968 - Renovation brought bed count to 33
1980 - Moved to present location
1998 - Outpatient Services 10,000 sq ft addition
1999 - Acquired Chatuge Regional Hospital and Nursing Home
2000 - Union County Dialysis opened
2002 - Cancer Treatment Center opened
2006 - $33 million expansion and renovation; 80,000 sq ft addition
We have recently completed a Community Health Needs Assessment survey in order to better serve our community, with results being posted onto our website.
Union General Hospital, Inc. Affiliates
Providing comprehensive, easy-access medical care to support our community at critical times.
- The Clinic at Walmart ®
- Union County Dialysis Center
- Union General Wellness Center
- Union County Nursing Home
- Chatuge Regional Hospital
- Chatuge Regional Nursing Home
- Glenda Gooch House
- Cancer Treatment Center
- Blue Mountain Family Practice
- Blue Ridge Orthopedics
- Hayesville Family Practice
- Mountain Community Healthcare Foundation
Many out of town specialty physicians have offices in Blairsville, for close to home convenience, to include: